CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

monsooning:)

So I had heard stories of the rain in Thailand, but we finally got to experience it tonight, and I am still currently experiencing it. It has probably been downpouring for the last hour, with no signs of letting up and some of the most beautiful lightning I've seen in a while. Needless to say I'm gonna sleep real good tonight with all of that going on outside my window:). 
Today has been an extremely chill Saturday. Bonita and Roy went out of town, and Ann (the house mom) had to go out of town for the day as well, so it was just the girls and us. In the short time we've been here I've already come to love just sitting with the girls and talking, or at least acting out what we're trying to get across in our different languages. They are so open to learning English and so open to helping us learn Thai. These girls are precious. 
Janette and I were talking today about how the culture here is so different in that the people don't feel like they have to constantly be on the go all day. They embrace just sitting, or sewing, or reading. I am definitely guilty of feeling that if I'm just sitting at home I need to be doing something, or go somewhere. In the few short days that we've been here, I've been trying to learn to just sit still and that it's ok. So many times when we're constantly going, we just need to sit still and listen. Just to talk to God, and then sit still and let him answer. It's a two way conversation. And it has brought me so much peace. I have found so much comfort in the quietness and stillness. Psalm 46:10.
Anywho, that's my thought for today. I pray you all are well and I miss you all very much, but not enough to come back quite yet:). Till next time I am off to fall asleep to the sweet lullaby of the rain and thunder outside. Love. Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment