CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

We're Here:)

We are finally in Bangkok! It's about 8:30 in the morning here on Friday. We arrived here late Thursday night and can I just say it was quite the adventure. From D.C. to Detroit to Tokyo to Bangkok I was completely turned around and I can only figure that the reason I am wide awake and have so much energy right now is from the Lord and my excitement for being here. Tiffany and Courtney, from Lynchburg, are here as well, and it was so refreshing to see familiar faces. 
As we got off the plane, and went through customs, and the craziness that is baggage claim, I was praying the entire time for the Lord to give me strength. I never for a moment did not feel safe because I could feel Him right beside me. Tiffany was waiting for us after baggage claim along with the taxi driver to take us to Beginnings. Before we left, Christine had told us of some things we might see just from the airport to Beginnings, but I don't think anything really prepared me for what we were going to see. We turned down a street and instantly I felt heavy and the presence of evil. There were too many girls to even count lined up along the street, and it seemed there were just as many cars of men driving alongside as well. As we drove down the street and I saw these girls, my heart just broke. They were all so young. All I could think of is who were these girls? Whose daughter, sister, niece, friend are they? I felt such oppression and sadness and immediately began praying. I know God is here. And I know he loves these girls so much and wants to show them His everlasting love.
I was reading before bed last night and thank you Jesus for showing me this verse. Deuteronomy 31:6  says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
I pray you all are well wherever you may be and please continue praying. Love.

1 comment:

  1. Lyndz, so glad you are on the ground...Know we pray for you daily, hourly. We are so proud of you and can see you blooming as God uses you to share His Love. What a priveledge you have. It's so satisfying. Remember Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Love you much, MOM

    ReplyDelete